Level 2 Clinical Training
Gottman Method Couples Therapy
Assessment, Intervention and Co-Morbidities
Gottman Method Couples Therapy: Assessment, Intervention and Co-Morbidities
Gottman Level 2 Clinical Training
Level 2 training deepens knowledge and refines clinical skills in working with couples. We cap the attendance of this workshop to ensure that participants get feedback from the trainers and get their questions answered. In Level 2 training you will do the following:
- Practice and use assessment skills and interventions in group exercises, with supportive coaching from Certified Gottman Therapists
- View films demonstrating use of various interventions
- Refine clinical skills and expand knowledge of 40+ interventions to use with couples immediately
- Gain insight as to when to use these methods and when couples therapy is contraindicated.
- Learn how to deal with complicated cases involving affairs, PTSD, addictions and domestic violence
- Gain confidence in using the techniques
Upcoming Training Dates:
- 2021 dates TBA
Register 30 days prior to get the best pricing for the above dates for training. Seating is limited.
As a result of taking Level 1 Training you will learn:In this 3 day training participants will be able to:
- Assess Friendship, Conflict, and Shared Meaning profiles
- Utilize interventions to reduce the “Four Horsemen”
- Help couples to soothe physiological flooding
- Apply six modes of changing the Attack/Defend pattern
- Help couples dialogue about their gridlocked conflicts
- Implement interventions to deepen Friendship
- Learn to use interventions to create shared meaning
What past attendees have said about this training:
“Great practice time. Good feedback throughout. Excellent training, great research materials. Really powerful exercises, and the hands-on training is great.”
“Mary Beth and Alysha did a wonderful job of presenting material. Everything was clear and concise, very well organized. Both answered all questions and were very knowledgable. Would recommend their workshop(s)!”
“Awesome presentation. Relaxed, comfortable, allowed for plenty of Q&A, met all objectives.”
“You both were really wonderful teachers, and I enjoyed the training very much. I have come back to work and I am having more confidence in my work with couples. I am enjoying it much more as well. I especially loved the feedback while we had the opportunity to practice skills. I will be sure to slow down, and go deeper at every opportunity.”
Who Should Attend This 3 Day Training?This workshop is appropriate for mental health providers, allied professionals, clergy, students, interns, family clinic staff, professors/teachers of couples therapy, researchers in the social sciences and employee assistance professionals. Proof of completion of Gottman Level 1 training is required prior to attending Level 2 training.
Continuing Education: 20 CEUs for Texas LCSWs, LPCs and LMFTs. This event is co-sponsored by R. Cassidy Seminars. Psychologists and out of state licensees can register for CEU’s through the R. Cassidy Seminars after completion.
Location: Homewood Suites, 23800 I-45 North, Spring, Texas
Schedule: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. each day. Registration starting at 8:00 a.m. on the first day.
Cost: $800 Discounts are listed online and are available for: ·Early Registration ($700) ·Students ($640)
Already attended Level 2 and want a refresher? If you attended Level 2 in the past and would like a refresher course, you may attend our Level 2 for a minimal fee. Please contact Mary Beth George or Alysha Roll at 281-348-0878 for more information.
Cancellation Policy: Full refund minus $50 processing fee if received one month prior to workshop date. After that date, participants will receive full credit to attend a future training.
***We are currently experiencing difficulty with the PayPal link for registration. If you are not directed to the payment option after completing the form you will be contacted via email to complete the registration payment process. If you have any further questions please contact our office at 281-348-0878.